Annual Personal Property Tax Filings
Maryland business personal property tax is different than many other states. Rather than having multiple jurisdictions handle administration, all personal property assessments fall under the purview of the Department of Assessments & Taxation (SDAT). This simplifies the process in some ways; however, there are other unique concerns, such as filing fees, that can make navigating these processes difficult. This can be especially confusing in the DMV area, where you may do business in a different state than where your business is located.
Business owners may struggle to understand personal property taxes to the detriment of their business. With a complete understanding, you may be able to deduct your personal property taxes from your federal tax return. However, there are certain requirements that businesses must meet to make this happen. You don’t want to lose out on thousands of dollars, so don’t try to go into this process blind.
Given all of the nuances of personal property tax filings, it’s imperative to have a competent tax expert by your side. Contact Furever Bookkeeping right now for personal property tax filings help!
My Qualifications and Competencies
So why should you work with me, your Top Rated Local® tax consultant in Maryland, DC, and Virginia?
- 15+ years of experience as a tax expert — I understand personal property taxes
- Forensic accountant — I can take care of back taxes
- Certified public accountant (CPA) with an excellent reputation
- Accurate financial reports
- Federal and state tax lien reconciliation
- Experience different industries — LLC, S Corp., C Corp., IT construction, real estate, restaurants, government contractors, car dealerships, nonprofits, and much more
Taxes don’t have to be stressful with the right strategic tax consultant on your side. I have a full understanding of everything you need to know to protect your business’s cash flow and keep the IRS from knocking. Contact me right now to get help in Maryland, DC, or Virginia!